[TowerTalk] FW: Re: tower takedown

Subject: [TowerTalk] FW: Re: tower takedown
From: "Gene S." <>
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2008 16:57:23 +0000
According to the specs at Tashtowers the WT-51 weighs 355 pounds including
the base.  The base alone weighs 80 pounds.

In contrast, the shipping weight of my US Tower HDX-572 with the tilt-over
accessory was 1680 pounds. We installed it with a construction machine my
general contractor called a "skid-loader", which is a multi-purpose machine.
  The US Tower was right at the weight limit for this machine!

The safest way to tilt over a WT-51 is with the tilt-over accessory.   That
accessory costs $600 but it's a great investment because it will make
antenna installation and maintenance a easy chore. Cheap insurance.

Gene K5GS