Re: [TowerTalk] How many cans of Prelube 6?

To: "Dino Darling" <dino@k6rix.com>, "Scott McClements" <kc2pih@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] How many cans of Prelube 6?
From: "Bob Maser" <bmaser@tampabay.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2008 15:22:40 -0400
Why spray at all?  Maybe if you live close to salt water but otherwise it's
been my feeling that all that sticky s&%t just attracts airborne particles.
15 years for a set of galvanized aircraft wire rope left dry.  Making new
cables only costs about $100(if you have the Nicopress crimper).  Another
thing, some towers are constructed so that it is very difficult to get the
cables off the tower sections to lube them. Just MHO.

Bob