Re: [TowerTalk] Tower take down scheme - physics problem

To: "Gary Slagel" <gdslagel@yahoo.com>, TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Tower take down scheme - physics problem
From: "Alfred Frugoli" <ke1fo@arrl.net>
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2008 21:08:20 -0400
Gary,

When my UST TX-472 was delivered (1300lbs or so) I had a local boom wrecker
come out.  He was able to extend the boom of his rig into the back of the
delivery truck, lift out the tower, move it over to the base, hold it in
position while I inserted the pivot bolts and then stand it up so I could
put in the first of the "anchor" bolts.  Small investment (at the time -
1994 or 5 - under $100) that made the project very safe and easy.

Good luck and be safe.

73 de Al, KE1FO

-----
Visit my amateur radio contesting blog at ke1fo.wordpress.com.