Re: [TowerTalk] Tower regulatory climate in Fort Collins - Loveland, CO

To: "John Becker" <>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Tower regulatory climate in Fort Collins - Loveland, CO area
From: "Alfred Frugoli" <>
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2008 06:10:42 -0400
Before the lawyer, or Realtor or any other expense, I'd spend $50 on Antenna
Zoning for the Radio Amateur by Fred Hopengarten, K1VR ((

This book covers everything from zoning to CC&R's and everything you need to
know.  It's written by a ham and lawyer and well worth the $50 it costs.  It
gives some of the same advice already passed out here, but also LOTS more.
Armed with the knowledge from the book, your interactions with Realtors,
lawyers, town officials and neighbors will be much less time consuming (also
less costly), and much more fun.

Also, when I moved several years ago, I got in touch with the local clubs in
the area I was moving to, and had several recommendations as far as good
Realtors, lawyers, neighborhoods, etc.

Good luck with your move.

73 de Al, KE1FO

Visit my amateur radio contesting blog at