Re: [TowerTalk] tower restrictions

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] tower restrictions
From: "Gary - N3JPU" <n3jpu_gary@verizon.net>
Date: Sat, 19 Jul 2008 07:52:36 -0400
That really bites!

I am currently putting up a 60' tower at my new QTH in Anne Arundel County
MD, close to Annapolis MD, and the permit approval was easy. Up to 100'
residential towers are easy if you meet the reasonable setbacks (for a 60'
tower it was 17' from a property line). The only place you get into issue is
if you are with 1000' of the Chesapeake bay or it's tributaries. I submitted
the drawings with 80MPH calculations and it was approved extremely quickly.

Last year at the old QTH in Montgomery County MD (QTH 7 miles north of
Washington DC) I had a permit for the same tower approved within 30 minutes,
which shocked me.

I was expecting this area to be very difficult and it turned out to be very
enlightened, unlike what you are dealing with.

Gary Mitchelson
N3JPU Davidsonville, MD   FM18
http://www.mitchelson.org/