Re: [TowerTalk] Long cable pull

To: "K4SAV" <>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Long cable pull
From: "N3XX" <>
Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2008 09:23:38 -0400
On my conduit runs here, I don't use sharp turns coming out of the ground,
because that's what will cause most of the resistance when pulling in the
cables.  I just let 10 or 15 feet of the conduit bend up gradually, coming
up out of the ditch until it's about a foot above ground.  Then, after
pulling in the cables, I feed the ends through a 90, and place the 90 onto
the conduit end.  I leave this unglued, so it can be removed for future
cable pulls in & out.  Doing it this way, I have never found any need for
cable lube or pull boxes.

Tim - N3XX