Re: [TowerTalk] Tower Dogs

Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Tower Dogs
From: Bill MacLane <>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2008 17:41:45 -0700 (PDT)
I had some similar thoughts about the getting drunk and climbing the next day.
Show was sort of disappointing.  Too much social bull and not enough climbing.
I wish they would have at least had some footage of someone working on some of
the 800 ft, 1000 ft, and higher TV towers I have seen.

Real sketchy on the safety inspection portions also.

Doesn't anyone free climb any more?????

The cellular companies seem to pay cheap also.  When I worked in radio our
tower climbers got more than that and their company about 3 or 4 times what the
climbers got.

Until this thread started I never heard of Tower Dogs only Tower Jockeys or
Pole Jockeys (lineman).

This show didn't show any guy wire sliding either.....

One thing I agree with is the hatred for climbing unipoles, masts or stepped
utility poles.