Re: [TowerTalk] Coax

Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Coax
From: "Roger (K8RI)" <>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2008 23:29:08 -0400
> writes:
>>  Bend radiis for coax is best if kept at 40X times  O.D.
>     So for RG-8 the minimum bending radius is 20  inches?!? I don't think so.
> As I recall, the multiple is 6, giving you a 3"  radius. It's higher for
That's about the minimum bend radius for LMR-600.  However that is
different from the "repeatable" bend radius.  If you bend it and the
stuff takes a set. IOW it doesn't try to straighten out, it'll stay that
way even with heat.  The LMR series have very short/small bend
radiuses.  However the repeatable bend radius if much larger.
> Andrew Heliax and other high grade coaxes but I don't  recall the specifics.
Heliax has a different problem. The jacket will buckle if too small a
radius is attempted.  Then there's the really big stuff <:-))

Roger (K8RI - ARRL Life Member)
N833R (World's oldest Debonair)