[TowerTalk] Linear loaded KE4UYP vertical

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Linear loaded KE4UYP vertical
From: Marinus Loewensteijn <>
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2008 07:04:59 +0800
Long time lurker here but I have a question that I do not seem to be able to
answer satisfactory.

At the moment I have 44 foot doublet up for 80 and 40 and am wanting to move
away from a balanced feeder to coax. I am thinking of putting a scaled version
of the above antenna up for 40 first before 80m.

If it is totally a disaster then I may put up a rotatable dipole lke the
Cushcraft D40 or Hy-gain Discoverer 7-1.

Due to size restrictions and to the location of TV satelite dishes of both
myself and close neighbours I cannot put up anything larger than this.

I wonder if any of the TowerTalkatonians has opinions or experience with this
antenna. (

Many thanks in advance, 73 Marinus ZL2ML ..
Buy, rent, invest property online today.