Re: [TowerTalk] Linear loaded KE4UYP vertical

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Linear loaded KE4UYP vertical
From: K4SAV <RadioIR@charter.net>
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2008 23:09:38 -0500
Here is one solution for matching that antenna to 50 ohms, and also
moving it to the CW portion of the band. Make the top wire 88 ft long
and reduce the amount of wire in the vertical portion to 56 ft.  The
gain then becomes 3.7 dBi or the same as an 80 meter dipole at 20 feet.
The 2 to 1 SWR bandwidth then becomes 120 KHz.

I wouldn't recommend using high power with this because it is really an
off-center-fed dipole and feedline currents can be a real problem.

Jerry, K4SAV