Re: [CQ-Contest] [YCCC] 1942 aircraft radio question

Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] [YCCC] 1942 aircraft radio question
From: "" <>
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2008 21:44:52 -0400
Go find an old WWII C47, or many other aircraft of that time. Often there
is a DF loop over the cockpit area. It looks about a foot across, but my
memory is getting rusty. One adjusts the threshold up (less sensitivity)
for strong stations so there is a good null on the loop.

Jim, W1EQO

PS Someone mentioned radio surplus in the Boston area. Could have that been
Eli's? in Cambridge? Was a great place. W1WJR got a 75A3 for $30 there once.