[TowerTalk] Ham's best friend: Idiom Press

Subject: [TowerTalk] Ham's best friend: Idiom Press
From: jim Jarvis <>
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2008 13:05:04 -0400
Good Grief, you guys!

It's a small business.   It's going through a transition, and it
inventory requirements going into Dayton.    Big whoop.  You could do

We've seen the response of the guy running it, and playing catch-up.
He was candid about the situation.

Why use the word "beware"?    Be aware of the situation, sure... but
That suggests something nefarious and dangerous, NEITHER of which

Do you wonder why small ham vendors don't last?

Do you wonder why MFJ offers low-cost stuff... some would say junk?

We are a small and specialized marketplace.   And we're cheap.
Why would anyone in their right mind invest in a product for this
Certainly anyone observing this thread would be encouraged to look

In the immortal words of Pogo,  "We have met the enemy, and they is us."

It's only a matter of time before we see one or more of the big 3
withdraw from the market.