[TowerTalk] guying question

To: <TowerTalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] guying question
From: "Gregg Seidl" <k9kl@centurytel.net>
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2008 18:40:31 -0500
This is something kinda new to me.I'm going to use a torque bracket for the
top most guy set on 2 of my towers.I've never used these before.It seems the
bracket gets clamped around the tower.Do you need to put a U clamp under the
bracket so it can't slide down under force.
    It seems to me if you tighten the bolts up enough to keep it from
sliding down you could "crush" the tower legs,if you don't tighten them
enough the bracket could slide down the tower legs under pressure.
    What am I missing??  Gregg K9KL    www.k9kl.com