Re: [TowerTalk] toroidal BALUNS

To: "AD5VJ Bob" <>, <>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] toroidal BALUNS
From: "N7mal" <>
Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2008 08:08:30 -0000
Bob here is the technical info: I'm an ole-fart ham of 50 years and in that
time have accumulated a lot of krap. A part of the krap is a bunch of misc.
size torroids. The one I'm currently using is 3 1/4 inches in dia and a
little more than a quarter of inch thick. I have no idea of the type of
material other than it is a torroid. In its current configuration I'm using
14 turns of wire. This works/tunes perfectly on 160-20. On 20-10 the tuning
is very, very, different than when the open wire line is connected directly
to the tuner.  I am using the 600 ohm open-wire line from W7FG. I have
several more torroids to chose from, some slightly larger and some smaller.
Hopefully I'll find one that satisfies me.

Everyone in the world is
entitled to be burdened
by my opinion