Thanks to Roger and some others, the coil is now in one piece, (although
probably not as pretty as it was before.
The hot glue gun worked perfect. I put a piece of plastic under the wires
and hot melt glued it. Looks like I'm back in business.
Now, I still need a good bandswitch for my 'pretty' Matchbox.
What a great bunch on this reflector!! 73
> Tom (and all),
>>From personal experience with a very similar restoration project, I found
> that clear hot glue works great to "renew" the plastic spacing on an air
> dielectric coil. Don't use the hot clue with pretty metal flakes that
> crafters like, make sure it is the clear sticks.
> Roger, N0VR
TowerTalk mailing list