Re: [TowerTalk] Antenna selection

To: <>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Antenna selection
From: "Eric Hilding" <>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2008 13:51:39 -0700
If you have a mobile screwdriver antenna, get some Buddipole/DX Engineering
ALUMINUM extension shafts and do something like this temporarily:

          (photos near bottom of
page)  (see the 3 antenna photos)

FYI, when I worked a VU long path from home while testing on 40m during
daylight hours with 100w, I decided the 'Farallon Special' worked well
enough.  It worked even better when ultimately used near salt water . both
on SouthEast Farallon Island and Revillagigedo Island in Alaska :^)

Of course you can use full size radials and install for permanent later use
with a 'regular' (vertical) antenna.

FWIW & 73.

Rick, K6VVA