Re: [TowerTalk] Antenna Selection

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Antenna Selection
From: Steve Hunt <steve@karinya.net>
Date: Fri, 01 Aug 2008 09:19:47 +0100
Dick,

I've been experimenting with, and developing, the Hexbeam for a couple
of years now. It certainly outperforms other small HF beams I've owned
such as the Cushcraft MA5B and and the Butternut HF5B. For its size it
doesn't give up much performance to bigger and heavier beams.

I developed an improved wideband version of it last Autumn, and a
write-up of it appeared in the December edition of Antennex. No-one yet
manufactures it commercially, although several folk in the USA are
selling parts, including Max Gain.

I have a web site with more information than you'd ever want to know!
You'll find honest performance figures there comparing the new and old
designs, and comparing it to some other commercial beams:

http://www.karinya.net/g3txq/hexbeam/broadband/

73,
Steve G3TXQ