[TowerTalk] MFJ-66 Dip Coils

To: "Towertalk e-Goups" <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] MFJ-66 Dip Coils
From: "Eric - VE3GSI" <>
Date: Sun, 3 Aug 2008 10:17:59 -0400
In another post, Dave - N4ZKF wrote:

> Check the traps ON the antenna with a grid dip meter or the MFJ grid dip
attachment for the their analyzer.

This is the first time I have read about the grid dip accessories and
eventually found them as MFJ-66 Dip Coils on the MFJ enterprises web-site.
Since I have an older Heath Dipper with all the dip coils it looks like I
should be able to adapt them. (maybe?)

Has anyone taken up this marriage of the Heath dip coils and the MFJ-269
analyzer? If so, any pitfalls I should be aware of?

Or, if I decide to purchase the MFJ-66 coils, are they worth the money? Or
is this MFJ accessory even worth the effort.

All ideas welcome,

Eric - VE3GSI