Re: [TowerTalk] Long Barrel Connectors - The post is short the connector

To: "Kenneth D. Grimm, K4XL" <grimm@sbc.edu>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Long Barrel Connectors - The post is short the connector
From: "Rick Karlquist" <richard@karlquist.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2008 15:20:31 -0700 (PDT)
In the GPO/GPPO/SMP/SSMP series of connectors, the official
name of the female to female adapters is "bullet" as originally
used by Corning Gilbert, who originated these connectors.
You can look it up on their web site. In fact, the bullet
could be said to be the raison detre of the GPO connector.

In UHF, BNC, SMA and GPO, the male connector has the shell, the
the names are descriptive.  In SMB, where the female connector
has a shell, I'm not sure whether a "bullet" is a double male
(looks like a bullet) or a double female (conforms with other
connectors, but looks like a barrel).

Now back to talking about towers :-)

Rick N6RK