[TowerTalk] Suggest. for Quad Wire - Response fr DAVIS RF Co.

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Suggest. for Quad Wire - Response fr DAVIS RF Co.
From: "Steve Davis -Davis RF Co." <sdavis@davisrf.com>
Date: Sat, 9 Aug 2008 11:06:36 -0400
Hi Randy,

The Silky 16 awg, 19 stranded 40% CCS is a very good quad wire.  The 19
stranding, and overall # 16 awg, allows for enough flexing for a quad as
well as a lot of strength.  To be safe, wherever the wire passes thru or
around the spreaders, eliminate any wire movement that might chafe and/or
put a suitable material between the wire and the spreader.   We (DAVIS RF)
has the same wire and not all of our products are on the web site, but I
will see that this one  appears and noted as a great quad wire.
If you are in a salt air or high acid rain environment and/or prefer
insulated wire, our PolyStealth 18 is excellent for this application (we
also have it in # 26 or # 13 for various other aerial applications).   The
out PE jacket is highly abrasion resistant thus no need for the above noted
protective material between wire and spreader (thru spreader or wrap around
spreader).  Black jacket facilitates stealth for wire antennas in areas that
ham does not want it noticed (doubt they are on this reflector !!  but there
are many hams who want or need to be stealth with their wires in the air.
This PE even works well for those who have to drape over
tree limbs, etc. in order to get on the air.

I don't know of  better choices for these noted applications, or I would
have it!!

 Cheers,  Steve  K1PEK
73,   Steve ,  K1PEK,

DAVIS RF Co.

Wire, Cable, RF Connectors and wire aerial parts.   LMR, Heliax, Eupen

Commercial / Military / & Custom Cable Design

tel:  978-369-1738     Fax:  978-369-3484
www.DavisRF.com

Message: 9