Re: [TowerTalk] guying temporary towers

Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] guying temporary towers
From: Tearlach Sinclair <>
Date: Sun, 10 Aug 2008 06:16:32 -0700 (PDT)
IMHO, field day is about emergency communications so any set-up that requires
a crane to set up two towers, no matter how they are guyed,  is missing the
of emergency communications.  For field day, we set up two wire antennas in the
 and a Gap Challenger that was ground mounted.  We got out several deep cycle
for the radios and later had a small generator that helped with the power
needs.   We were
set-up and running in just an hour.  We operated for the entire 24 hours and
could have
picked up and moved the entire show in that same hour should the "emergency"
required. I do
not understand how it is that tower raising and all that fits in with a
simulated emergency
That's just my thoughts,for what it's worth.

Tearlach de w8sco

There's nae man sae deif as he tha' winna hear.