Re: [TowerTalk] OT: Exterior Ethernet Cable

To: "tower >> \"\"" <>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] OT: Exterior Ethernet Cable
From: "Jim Brown" <>
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2008 07:52:11 -0700
On Mon, 11 Aug 2008 07:01:46 -0500, Matt Patterson wrote:

>They also make shielded RJ-45 connectors if you are thinking of going
>with the shielded outdoor gel filled CAT5E.

I wouldn't throw money at shielded cable of any CAT-number. The primary
interference rejecting property of that cable is the very high and very
uniform twist ratio, and the primary RFI mechanism at HF is common mode
current. Shielding won't help that much. Common mode chokes will. See

Jim Brown K9YC