[TowerTalk] US Tower TX-455 Crank Up

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] US Tower TX-455 Crank Up
From: "wayne chapman" <>
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2008 10:25:59 -0700
Good Morning Gentleman,
I am brand new to tower talk and to my TX-455, so please excuse me if this is a
duplicate question from a past entry.
In the process of my TX-455 installation I found it necessary to raise and
lower it a couple of times, not being Arnold Swartzenager I also leaned very
quickly its not something I want to do too often.
So, My question is, has anyone found success with a generic 110v winch that
would replace the hand crank unit and be far less costly than the US Tower
$1500+ power unit?
I also have the razing fixture but I am not concerned about it as I do not
believe it will be necessary to tilt over the tower as often as I may want to
raise and lower the unit.
Thank You in advance for any help you may be able to provide,
Wayne, W7WAC