[TowerTalk] Installing HG52SS

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Installing HG52SS
From: "Bert Almemo" <>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2008 09:32:50 -0400
Hi guys,

I'm preparing to install a Telex-Hygain HG52SS, 3 section, 52ft,
crank-up/tilt over, tower. This is a self-supporting tower if you make the
base 3'x 3'x 6'. Windload 9.5 sq.ft.

I want to make a less permanent installation as we may be out of this place
in a couple of years. Therefore I was thinking of making the base approx.
2'x 2'x 2' and guy the bottom section (3 or 4 guys) at 20 ft. I'm going to
use screw anchors for the guy wires. Sandy soil. Windload approx. 15 sq.ft.

Ideas and comments greatly appreciated. Thanks.

73 Bert, VE3OBU