[TowerTalk] New foundation or old?

Subject: [TowerTalk] New foundation or old?
From: Greg - AB7R <>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2008 10:55:18 -0400
Looks like I may be getting a Skyneedle TMHD370.  Its no taller than my current
HG70HD, but I certainly can put
more antenna on the Skyneedle.

I really over did the concrete when doing the Hygain tower.  The hole was about
7x5x5.  This is more than
enough for the Skyneedle.  What I am considering is drilling down into the
concrete about 2ft and inserting
threaded 1 1/2" rod and industrial epoxy to secure them.  Then with a crane,
lift the tower and set it on the
bolts and secure them down.

The alternative is a new hole, buy the base from Tash towers (no price yet --
waiting) and install as per the
manual with the hinge mechanism and plate that comes attached to the rebar cage.

Greg - AB7R
Whidbey Island WA