[TowerTalk] Re [Tower Talk] Happy News

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Re [Tower Talk] Happy News
From: "W5CPT" <w5cpt@bellsouth.net>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2008 17:19:07 -0500
When I moved to Western Kentucky (Marshall County) eight years ago, I found a
15 acres plot with a very acceptable house at a price I could afford.  I then
went to the County Court House in Benton, and asked what type of permit I would
need to put up a tower.  The lady looked at me with a quizzical look and said
she did not know as no one had ever asked that before.  She went and got a
fellow from an office in the back and I asked again.  He informed me that the
ONLY structures that required permits were commercial buildings and
multi-family dwellings.

I immediately called the realtor and made an offer.  The property turned out to
be 16.78 acres after the survey and I have all the room I need for towers.

Point of all that - If you don't have to live downtown you can still find
property that will suit our somewhat land intensive hobby.

Clint - W5CPT