[TowerTalk] Connection Tower to ground rods

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Connection Tower to ground rods
From: "Artmouton" <>
Date: Sun, 17 Aug 2008 13:10:42 -0500
I have hammered in two 8' copper ground rods.
Will probably do two more later - they ain't cheap and not easy (although we
are all dirt and gumbo mud here in South Louisiana.

I now need to attach them to tower base.

I have some coax type shield or some very large wire.
Which one would be best?

Then how to connect to ground rod - dissimilar metal connector?

How to connect to tower - Rohn 55G.
Prior owner had painted it.
I will brush off paint area at connection point but do not want to destroy
the coating - so how deep and how to connect to the tower leg?
Tnx & 73,