Re: [TowerTalk] U-clamp on buy wires

To: aa6ee@cox.net
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] U-clamp on buy wires
From: K7LXC@aol.com
Date: Sun, 17 Aug 2008 21:49:52 EDT

In a message dated 8/17/2008 5:16:10 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
aa6ee@cox.net writes:

>     I saw the note in the ARRL Contest News &  always wonder which way to
install a U-clamp on metal buy cables. Should I  put the saddle part of the
clamp on the cable that goes to the  tower?

    Yep. The weight-bearing end of the guywire is the  "live" end. The end
that goes thru the eye/bolt/etc. and back to the  guy) is the "dead-end". The
saying is "Don't saddle a dead horse". In  other words, don't put the saddle on
the dead end. When you do, it reduces the  holding power of the clamp by 40%.

Cheers,
Steve    K7LXC
TOWER TECH

Read reviews on AOL Autos.