Re: [TowerTalk] temporary tower guys

Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] temporary tower guys
From: jimlux <>
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2008 07:21:23 -0700
michael castellano wrote:
> As far as I am concerned, there is NO such thing as a temporary
> tower. it must be done right, whether it is intended to be used for a
> day, a month, or years.
> You do it right or you don't do it at all.

But consider that  *right*, for a tower intended to be up for 3 days,
with a safe area to collapse into, is a very different thing from a 100
foot stick carrying several antennas for 20 years in a 50x100 foot lot
in a residential area.

So the takeaway is really "do it safe, nor not at all", but "safe" has
installation specific aspects to it.