[TowerTalk] How do I stop 2"-OD Chromoly mast from slipping in PST-61C r

To: "Towertalk e-Goups" <TowerTalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] How do I stop 2"-OD Chromoly mast from slipping in PST-61C rotator clamp?
From: "David J Windisch" <davidjw@cinci.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2008 06:05:13 -0400
Hi, all concerned:

The rotator clamp held the mast just fine for more than a year since
01/03/2007; now, even though all 6 of the 1/2" clamp-bolts have been
retightened, the mast is slipping again.

We've had several "microbursts", as defined by neighbors witnessing trees
toppling down and/or being heavily damaged along straigh-line paths in the
area.  One incident was within 30M of the tower; thank Goodness for the grace
of near-misses.

Fwiw, 2 homebrew antenna-to-mast clamps, in a TH11 and 402CD shortstack, made
with DXE U-bolts and half-inch aluminum angle stock, have not budged.

Been reading the searchable archives.  Is a SlippNott, purchased or homebrew,
the way to go?

Help, please.

Tia & 73,

Dave, W8FGX