Re: [TowerTalk] upgrading from a G5RV

Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] upgrading from a G5RV
From: K4SAV <>
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2008 21:31:17 -0500
A quick check with EZNEC shows the following loss in the 30 feet of
RG213.  The antenna was placed at 40 feet.

3.5 MHz    2.17 dB
7 MHz       1.95 dB
10.1 MHz  4.42 dB
14 MHz     6.5 dB
18.1 MHz  2.28 dB
21 MHz      3.1 dB
24.9 MHz   4.35 dB
28 MHz      3.12 dB

I didn't try to find a better solution, but different lengths of 450 ohm
line will produce a different set of answers and some lengths will
probably produce a set of numbers that is better than the one above.