Re: [TowerTalk] guy tension

To: Gregg Seidl <>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] guy tension
From: "Roger (K8RI)" <>
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2008 22:33:34 -0400
Gregg Seidl wrote:
>   Before I got a Loos tensioner I was happily naive. I didn't know what the
> tension was so I didn't care. Now I have one and was measuring some of my
> guy wires tonite. Temp is about 60 degrees. I got readings below 5 percent
> breaking strength.
Ahhhh...5% below? Do you mean on a 4000# test line you are running a
tension of 3800#?  That means you'd only need a good strong breeze to
break the guys.  Typically the tension is 10% or in this case 400#.  It
will vary noticeably with temperature so you do them all at the same time.

Roger (K8RI - ARRL Life Member)
N833R (World's oldest Debonair)