Re: [TowerTalk] Broadband Sloper

To: Richards <jruing@ameritech.net>, W5CPT <w5cpt@bellsouth.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Broadband Sloper
From: Marinus Loewensteijn <zl2ml@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2008 06:49:39 +0000
Clint, Richards

thanks for the replies. That explanation makes sense. By the time I would add a
capacity hat and the groundplane I might as well build a rotatable dipole for
less time and money invested and finish up with a radiating element at a far
higher average height than the tower. Ofcourse it may not be the tower that is
doing most of the radiation, it may well be that the antenna on top does most
of the work, just like gamma loading a boom of a 20 meter beam will make it
work FB on 30 or 40.

I think I may just clone the Hy-Gain linear loaded dipole. The firm is selling
all the parts for repairs and I live only a few km away from one of the major
aluminium wholesalers here in NZ. So there should not be any nasty suprises
there.

73
Marinus, ZL2ML