Re: [TowerTalk] M2 2800 question

To: "'Gregg Seidl'" <k9kl@centurytel.net>, <TowerTalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] M2 2800 question
From: "Dick Green WC1M" <wc1m@msn.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2008 09:25:08 -0400
I installed an M2 2800 recently. I used the centering piece, but I also used
the stock mast clamps.

I like the idea of the centering piece because it makes it easier to center
the mast over the rotor. But it also precludes leaving a gap between the
mast and rotor so that the rotor can be removed without raising the mast or
lowering the rotor shelf. However, it turned out that the position of my
rotor shelf and second thrus bearing shelf with respect to the cross braces
made it impossible to remove the rotor without raising the mast. I didn't
have time to change the positions of the shelves, so I decided to use the
centering piece since I'd have to raise the mast or lower the rotor shelf to
remove the rotor anyway.

73, Dick WC1M