Re: [TowerTalk] Yaesu G-800SA Problem

To: <>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Yaesu G-800SA Problem
From: "Doug Rehman" <>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2008 11:55:15 -0400
Sounds like contamination in the plug on the rotor end. Water gets in,
dries, and leaves slightly conductive residue between the pins- the residue
causes the control box to display erratic results.

I had the same thing happen a couple of years ago on a G-1000. I took the
plug apart, cleaned it very well and waterproofed it; no problems since.