[TowerTalk] Dipole Ends

Subject: [TowerTalk] Dipole Ends
From: Tim N9PUZ <>
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2008 14:58:44 -0500
I'm going to hang the center of a dipole from my tower. The question
is really about attaching the two ends of the support ropes running
through a pulley and down to provide for some movement in the wind.

Our yard has several trees which are good candidates. For a more
permanent installation like this (vs a Field Day type setup) what is a
good technique for attaching to the tree trunk? Screw eye into the
trunk itself? Some sort of belt type affair around the trunk?

Tim, N9PUZ