Re: [TowerTalk] dipole ends: Tree attachments

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] dipole ends: Tree attachments
From: "Mike" <noddy1211@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2008 15:53:35 -0700
How true, my nice climbable 70 foot antenna support came crashing down in a
high wind micro burst.  I have been growing 12 new ones, but I will be dead
before they get to 70 foot:-(

Pulley's with a sash cord weight have always worked for me, always get the
good quality Marine type pulleys with SS bearing etc. not the cheapo
hardware stock.

http://www.radioworks.com/index2.html  Some information here about hanging
antennas from trees, look for "Jim's notebook and hanging antennas from
trees, also you will find the better quality SS pulleys at this website.

Mike
_____
THE TAKEAWAY:   Trees are temporary attachments,  with lifetimes of
a few days to a few months to maybe a year or so.  Put in a long lag screw
with an eye on it, and back the sucker out a couple of turns, each year.
Antennas need maintenance, after all!