[TowerTalk] tower grounding

Subject: [TowerTalk] tower grounding
From: Tearlach Sinclair <>
Date: Sun, 31 Aug 2008 20:05:47 -0700 (PDT)
First I want to thank all of you for the info so freely dispersed on this
reflector. I've learned a lot in just the month I've been getting the

Now then, I just today made a deal for my very first tower. It seems to be a
bit over a Rohn 25 size but not quite a Rohn 30. It's about 60 feet in length
and will be bolted to the house and set in a rebar and concrete cage footing.

My questions are these, is it possible to use the rebar cage as a part of the
grounding system for this tower?  And, if so, what is the best manner of making
that grounding connection?

Thanks up front for your consideration and responses.

Tearlach de w8sco

There's nae man sae deif as he tha' winna hear.