[TowerTalk] Hy-Gain TH3 MK3 or Mk4

To: "Tower Talk" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Hy-Gain TH3 MK3 or Mk4
From: "WA6RKN" <WA6RKN@ARRL.net>
Date: Sun, 7 Sep 2008 22:46:29 -0700
Can these coil based beams, be tuned, successfully, out of band?  They are
10,15,20 meter beams...with a good roller inductor tuner, can I tune 17
meters...that works well?

I would rather get a Force 12 tri-band antenna, but can't find one.  (Anyone
know of one for sale, that can be shipped, for a reasonable price?  I am in
Reno, NV.  Working on a budget.  Antenna is the only thing left to get....)

I am getting mixed comments here about whether or not I can tune 17 meters
'into' a trapped antenna.

Thanks in advance!

73's

Joe Wolfe