[TowerTalk] Lightning Bolt Quad Parts

To: towertalk@contesting.com, <g.drummond@verizon.net>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Lightning Bolt Quad Parts
From: NPAlex@aol.com
Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2008 22:20:42 EDT
Garry,
The assembly used a narrow band hose clamp, usually #12 or #16 depending on
where it was placed on a tapered arm.  The small tubing was brake hose, and
about 3" long, and that was captured by a larger diameter vinyl tubing about
1/2" long that both the small tubing and the narrow hose clamp band fit  into.
I use to heat the larger short tube in hot water to make it pliable  and so
it would stretch over the small tubing and allow me to push the hose  clamp
through as well.  When cool it would shrink and grip the small  tubing.

However in general I did not like that method of attachment as it allow the
wire to slip and often the poles would not be aligned.  It is handy for
experimenting and making element wire length changes, but for a permanent
attachment I would prefer to drill holes, or use a chris X Cross attachment
with
lacing cord and a tape over wrap for UV protection.

Norm W4QN
Message: 4