Re: [TowerTalk] LM400 Coax Strippers

To: "'Bernard'" <wtrone@comcast.net>, "'TowerTalk'" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] LM400 Coax Strippers
From: "Larry Burke" <wi5a@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2008 21:33:43 -0500
I really like the RFA-4087 from RF Parts
(http://www.rfparts.com/coax_accessories.html , under "Coax Strippers and
Prep Tools" toward the bottom of the page). Sells for $48.90 and works with
LMR-400, LMR-400UF, RG8, 213, 214 and 9913 per their catalog. I used mine on
regular LMR400 for a complete antenna installation at my new QTH. Never had
to change the blades. It looks like a cheap-o plastic stripper in the
catalog, but it is die-cast zinc and heavy duty. I have used the Ripley
Cablematic on RG-8 and much prefer the RFA-4087. These are really slick.
Couple one of these with a crimp connector made for the LMR-400 and you have
a solid, quick connection.

- Larry K5RK