[TowerTalk] Tower (and antennas) severely damaged by Hurricane Ike

To: TowerTalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Tower (and antennas) severely damaged by Hurricane Ike
From: M Blaise <ag5t@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2008 13:35:36 -0700 (PDT)
My name is Marty Blaise and my call sign is AG5T. My two section 36-foot
hy-gain crank up tower (plus all my outdoor ham antennas) was heavily damaged
by Hurricane Ike. My Travelers Insurance estimator said that towers, poles,
antennas, etc. (basically anything ham radio outdoors) is not covered on our
insurance policy, which is what I expected. ------- Damages received were: the
crank up tower severely bent at base by one of the front two legs of the tower
and now tower leaning/tilting over in sort of an arc or bend to the right (top
section is still extended but cannot be cranked down due to the curve) -- tower
is now forced against the house, also the brace between tower and house came
apart and the tower damaged side of house; one of the guy wires to tower ripped
out of house on roof; quad antenna on tower - wires completely torn, -
spreaders on quad broken and found in front yard (I do have before and after
pictures of all items). What I would like
 to know from those of you on this reflector is how I might be able to hire
some type of construction crew to repair my damages, particularly the leaning
tower or at least take a look to see if it's repairable. I would ask local hams
for help but they have received similar damage or they are still assisting red
cross, etc. Any suggestions welcome. -- Marty, AG5T