Re: [TowerTalk] TIC RINGS

To: <Cqtestk4xs@aol.com>, <TOWERTALK@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] TIC RINGS
From: "Tim Duffy K3LR" <k3lr@k3lr.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2008 11:34:57 -0500
Bill:

I have had great success with TIC rings over the past 20 years.

The pots that are being used now seem to hold up better than the old ones.

You will not need a "mast plate" when you mount your antennas in the ring
cradle. If your overhead boom truss attached to the current mast plate, you
will need to offset it to clear the cradle or use the adapter riser that TIC
offers.

If your antennas are not weight balanced when mounting in the ring, use some
additional weight out on the boom to achieve balance (make sure the coax
weight is in place). Having the weight balanced is very important to make
sure the ring works properly.

There are lots of "TIC Ring" pictures on the K3LR web site.

73!
Tim K3LR

http://www.k3lr.com