Re: [TowerTalk] Detuning booms?

To: towertalk@contesting.com, mwdink@eskimo.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Detuning booms?
From: K7LXC@aol.com
Date: Sat, 18 Oct 2008 07:59:05 EDT

In a message dated 10/17/2008 10:18:08 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,

>  I swear I've seen stuff on detuning a boom. I even thought I  saw it in the
ARRL Antenna handbook. However, I can't seem to  anything.

    What are the circumstances that made you  determine that you need to
detune a boom? You have 2 yagis and have some  destructive interaction between
them? What are the antennas and what are  you seeing?

    If the boom is interacting, doesn't that mean  that it resonates
somewhere where you don't want it? How about hanging a piece  of wire off of
each end
of the boom? That would change the resonance.

Cheers,
Steve    K7LXC
TOWER TECH