[TowerTalk] Detuning booms?

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Detuning booms?
From: Dennis OConnor <ad4hk2004@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2008 05:06:48 -0700 (PDT)
I guess my age is showing... What you guys want is called a current breaker...
It is a short rectangular loop of wire taped parallel to the boom... It is a
method of inserting a trap where you cannot physically break the structure -
boom, tower, etc..  Like any trap it is a parallel circuit but instead of
inserting it physically, you couple it to the structure by tight electrical
coupling...

If 20 meters is the problem I would make the loop about 15-20 feet in total
length of insulated wire and tape it to the boom with one leg of the loop on
one side of the boom and the other leg of the loop on the other side... Put a
variable cap across the loop ends...  Tune the cap for the least interaction
with the the other antenna..  This will be a two man job...

denny / k8do

http://mail.yahoo.com