Re: [TowerTalk] Comtek PVS-2 80m Box with malfunction

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Comtek PVS-2 80m Box with malfunction
From: "Comtek Systems" <dxengineering@dxengineering.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2008 13:51:42 -0400
Hello Rag,

We have received your posting on TowerTalk and are replying directly, as well
as to the reflector, to be certain that you receive a
response. We we have searched our entire e-mail and spam filter system have not
received an e-mail regarding your trouble.

Here is a troubleshooting list to check on your system.

1) Re-check that each antenna and antenna feedline are good. Use of an analyzer
at each antenna feedpoint is recommended. Each
antenna should have very similar characteristics.

2) Re-check that your 4 conductor control cable does not have a broken
conductor. A continuity or voltage test for each conductor is
required. This cannot be done with the units connected to the control cable.

3) The number sequence on the control cable connections are different on each
unit. On the Relay unit the numeral connections are
labeled 3 2 1 G from left to right , however, on the Control unit the terminals
are labeled G 1 2 3 from left to right. Please check
to be certain that the same colors are connected to the same numbered screw at
each unit. Incorrect color code connection is the
most common cause for the trouble you are having. Control voltage should be
arriving at the Relay unit end of the control cable
corresponding to your color code at the Control unit connections.

4) Swap the antenna feedline connections at the Relay unit ( Antenna 1 to "Ant
2" port and Antenna 2 to "Ant 1" port). If the
malfunction changes to a different switch position, then the feedline or
antenna are the problem. If the malfunction stays on the
same switch position, then there may be a problem with the relay unit, if all
previous troubleshooting has determined that there are
no external troubles found. If this is the case, then the unit may require
service. Contact us for details.

In September, Comtek Systems was acquired by DX Engineering. We have completed
the transition of manufacturing and support
operations from North Carolina to Ohio for the popular Comtek Systems line of
products.

Please use this e-mail address for direct correspondence regarding Comtek
Systems products: info@comteksystems.com

Feel free to call or write for additional information or assistance.

Thank you and 73,

Rod Ehrhart - WN8R
Comtek Systems Customer Support
info@comteksystems.com