[TowerTalk] Tower suggestions?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Tower suggestions?
From: "Rick Kiessig" <kiessig@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2008 12:57:03 +1300
I'm in the market for a tower, and would be interested in hearing
suggestions for good suppliers and models worth considering.  Here's what
I'm hoping to find:

n  Support for a single yagi: OptiBeam O4-17 (11.9m boom, 9.15m turning
radius, 98kg, 26.8 sq ft wind load)

n  Probably will use the Prosistel PST-61D rotator

n  Crank-up and/or tilt-up (I'm way too clumsy to be able to climb a tower)

n  An option for electric lift/tilt would be nice (240V power in ZL)

n  Minimum height 10 meters or less

n  Maximum height 15 to 20 meters or so

n  Easy installation

n  High-quality, reliable design and manufacturer

n  Company able to ship to ZL, or a supplier available in ZL

n  Low weight (aluminum?) is a plus, since it would save on shipping costs
and ease installation

I've looked at the crank-up designs by US Tower, but from what I can tell
from their documentation, they look a bit clunky; mounting a 98kg antenna on
one, for example, seems like it would be pretty challenging.

73, Rick ZL2HAM