[TowerTalk] Rohn 45G Self Supporting

Subject: [TowerTalk] Rohn 45G Self Supporting
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2008 11:16:05 EST
Hi D-

At nmy Florida QTH, I have 60' of Rohn 45 that has been up for 8 years
without guys and without a problem.  It has a house bracket at 15' so there is
that is self-supporting.  The tower has had various HF yagis on it including a
3-element SteppIR.  The tower has survived several hurricanes without a
problem... however, the 3-el. SteppIR fibreglass elements blew apart in winds
aprx. 80mph.

Dick- K9OM

In a message dated 11/4/2008 11:09:05 AM Eastern Standard Time,

> What are the recommendations on Rohn 45 self supporting?
> I am looking at approx 50' with a 2 element steppir and a Ham M.
> Figure I am good?
> I can't find my old Rohn engineering guideline book. Is there one
> online?
> Thanks,
> D.

Plan your next getaway with AOL Travel.  Check out Today's Hot
5 Travel Deals!