[TowerTalk] 40 Mtr Ground Plane?

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] 40 Mtr Ground Plane?
From: "fraz1" <>
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2008 10:53:53 -0600
Hi folks....

I've asked a few of you off-line, but thought I'd poll those who care to

I am experimenting with a 1/4 wave 40 mtr GP with the top at 80 feet.  I
initially have only placed two radials at the base of the vertical section at
about the 46 foot level.  I also have not yet decoupled the feed line.  The
antenna is playing pretty well.  Any real life experience in the value of
adding two more radials and a good choke balun?

Appreciate the input.

73 John K4NP