[TowerTalk] Hi Ron

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Hi Ron
From: "Scotty Rathjen" <>
Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2008 06:15:01 -0700
I Ground my MA-550 tower by using a wide braided strap to connect the
rotating tower to the 3 8-foot long ground rods that surround the concrete
base (the 3 ground rod pic is shown in the ARRL Antenna book and maybe the
ARRL Handbook too).  The MA-550's self-supporting fixture is also well
grounded to each of these 3 rods.

I disconnect from the radio and ground all coax cables and rotor cables when
not in use.  My MA-550 tower is down (nested) except when I am on the air
with it.

73 Ron,